[vdr] Re: Distributed VDR

On Thu, 09 May 2002 10:57:15 +0200, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> It's not just about command line options to disable recording or replaying.
> There's a lot more to this. Each client will want to create/modify/delete
> timers, and will want to delete recordings. What if one client is just replaying
> a recording, while another one decides to delete it? What if one client programs
> a timer, and another one decides to cancel that timer because he/she wants to
> record something else?

I think you are looking for a to perfect solution. In a first step I
think this isn't necessary. I personally would be happy to have just the
functionality behind timer, schedule and recording menu replaced by
administration requests to the server. The user interface on the client
computer stays the same, but instead of getting the info locally
requests to the server will fullfil the function.

I hope that the new plugin interface will allow to replace the functions
hidden behind all the menu points to be replaced by new ones.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index