[vdr] VDR Plugin System - First Step

The first step of the implementation of the VDR plugin system is now
available at

    ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.1.0.tgz

This version is directed towards developers who want to implement
plugins for VDR. The "stable" version for every day use is still 1.0.2.

Please read the file VDR/PLUGINS.html, which gives an overview of the
plugin interface and how to create your own plugins.

Note that this is only the first step. The next step of my work will
bring the necessary "inner" interfaces to the core VDR data structures,
which will allow the implementation of actual "players" etc.

I suggest that the authors of VDR patches try to implement the "command line",
"menu", "setup" and "i18n" parts of their patches, using the new plugin features, and
let me know which remaining functions they would still need to patch VDR
source files for. What I already am planning to implement are generalized
classes for "players", "osd" and "status monitors" (the latter is intended
for the LCDproc patch, for instance). The goal at the end is to allow additional
functions to be added to VDR through totally separate plugins, which no longer
need to patch the core VDR souce code.

Oh, one more thing: I don't think that adapting the AIO patch to this version
will make much sense... Once the VDR plugin interface is complete, the AIO patch
will probably be reduced to just a few small patches that don't really qualify as
plugins.

Have fun!

Klaus Schmidinger