[vdr] Re: Old Display for VDR

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:

> "www.resla.de" wrote:
> >
> > I want to use an old Display (no LCD) for VDR.
> >
> > Infos on http://www.resla.de/page.html
> >
> > Is that possible?
>
> I am planning to implement a virtual class that acts as
> a "status monitor" which gets all sorts of information,
> so it can display whatever it wants to. This shall be usable
> by the LCDproc patch, and also for your display.
> Of course, you'll need to implement the actual code that controls
> your display yourself.
>
> Klaus

A problem I see is that this display is not an LED one, so you need a
special controller for it. I'd recommend to check the service manual of
the "Grundig VS 810 VPT" (the VCR which used that display). Maybe you
should also upload the section about the RGB encoder, too. (It's  a VCR
which can record subtitles in color)

Servus
  Casandro