[vdr] Re: VDR Plugin System - First Step

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> I have build a basic MP3 plugin as an exercise.
> What is working:
> -MP3 menu (most parts)
> -Commandline options
> -Reading setup options from setup.conf
> -Basic setup menu (still emtpy)
> No working:
> -Playback (obviously)
> -Modify/save setup options

I'll try to come up with a modified cMenuSetupPage tomorrow,
together with a detailed example.

> You can get the archive from the download directory on my site:
> <http://www.muempf.de/down/vdr-mp3-0.0.1.tgz>

You may want to fill in the README file ;-)

> Unarchive to the PLUGINS/SRC directory. Create a symlink to
> "mp3" You must apply the small vdr_base.diff to the main vdr
> code to compile the plugin.

As stated in another message: wouldn't it be easier to give
cPlayList a cConfig member? Or is there a reason for this multiple
inheritance that I just don't see? I must admit that I didn't
look too deep into your code.

> BTW: the make package should build an archive with an directory
> name without "vdr-" in front. This would follow the naming style in the
> PLUGIN/SRC directory.

The idea behind prepending it with "vdr-" was that it isn't (in your
case) an MP3 player by itself, but rather an MP3 "plugin" for VDR.
So I think the suggested naming convention does make sense.

Klaus