[vdr] Re: VDR Plugin System - First Step

> No working:
> -Playback (obviously)

what do you think about playback over a soundcard.

I've made a small diff (for Version 1.0.1)

http://217.115.144.27/~praml/vdr-1.0.1-mp3-soundcard.diff

The PCM data is sent through a pipe to 'aplay' (or any other
player that accepts s16_be (stereo 16 bit big-endian) PCM data)

Before and after MP3 playing, I execute a command to set/mute the SPDIF
of the soundcard. (my hardware setup:
DVB-SPDIF ----> CM8738 ----> SPDIF in of Amplifier
So, I only need one SPDIF connection to the amp.)

The main advantage is that the sound is more clearly (no clicks on
OSD activity) and the card isn't blocked for recording (i didn't try that
yet)

Disadvantage:
the latency is increased a little bit because of the buffer in aplay. (~ 0.5
sec)

Roland

Home | Main Index | Thread Index