[vdr] VDR and CI module

Hello list,
I am fairly new to VDR and DVB stuff, so please forgive me if I am asking
something already discussed.
I have two DVB-s boards from hauppauge (rev 2.1) and one CI module with a Seca
CAM.
Everything but the CI module is working fine (vdr 1.0.0 to 1.0.2 with and
without various patches). E.g. I can see all free to air channel, I can't see
any encrypted channel.
I have read a lot of posts and docs, but so far I couldn't find a working
solution.
I don't even know if it's a DVB driver problem or a misconfiguration of VDR.
I know that the standard DVB driver has issues with CI modules, I even tried
the alternate DVB driver and can get to the point where, with a small text
app, I can access my cam menu and navigate it, but it is not clear to me how I
am going to tell VDR that a certain channel needs a CAM in order to be
decrypted.
I have a two LNB setup (LNB 0 points to hotbird, LNB 1 to ASTRA), and I am
mainly interestes in SECA encrypted channel.
I have defined a custom entry in the ca.conf file:

# Seca1
301    D+

and have configured the relative channels in the VDR setup, but I can't see
anything.
My first question is: Am I doing something wrong (or stupid, do not hesitate
to point me to a fine manual page if I missed any) ?
And my second question is: is anyone using successfully vdr with a CI module
(I guess so, I see a lot of posts involving Premiere) ?
If yes, what kind of setup (linux kernel + dvb driver + vdr version + ca.conf
) are you using ?

Thanks for your patience

Mattia

Home | Main Index | Thread Index