[vdr] Re: VDR and CI module

Mattia Rossi wrote:

> Hello list,
> I am fairly new to VDR and DVB stuff, so please forgive me if I am asking
> something already discussed.
> I have two DVB-s boards from hauppauge (rev 2.1) and one CI module with a Seca
> CAM.
> Everything but the CI module is working fine (vdr 1.0.0 to 1.0.2 with and
> without various patches). E.g. I can see all free to air channel, I can't see
> any encrypted channel.
> I have read a lot of posts and docs, but so far I couldn't find a working
> solution.
> I don't even know if it's a DVB driver problem or a misconfiguration of VDR.
> I know that the standard DVB driver has issues with CI modules, I even tried
> the alternate DVB driver and can get to the point where, with a small text
> app, I can access my cam menu and navigate it, but it is not clear to me how I
> am going to tell VDR that a certain channel needs a CAM in order to be
> decrypted.
> I have a two LNB setup (LNB 0 points to hotbird, LNB 1 to ASTRA), and I am
> mainly interestes in SECA encrypted channel.
> I have defined a custom entry in the ca.conf file:
>
> # Seca1
> 301    D+

Is 'D+' the name of the provider (like "Premiere World" in the "BetaCrypt" section)?
Is this the commonly known notation of their name, or is there an "official" form?
I'll then add this to the official 'ca.conf' file.

> and have configured the relative channels in the VDR setup, but I can't see
> anything.
> My first question is: Am I doing something wrong (or stupid, do not hesitate
> to point me to a fine manual page if I missed any) ?
> And my second question is: is anyone using successfully vdr with a CI module
> (I guess so, I see a lot of posts involving Premiere) ?
> If yes, what kind of setup (linux kernel + dvb driver + vdr version + ca.conf
> ) are you using ?

You need to tell VDR which DVB card has the CAM.
Go to the "Setup/CICAM" menu and move the cursor to the "CICAM2 1" line
(assuming your CAM is in the second DVB card). Then press "Right" until you see
"D+" and then press enter.

Leave the Setup menu and switch to a channel that is encrypted.

Klaus