[vdr] Re: VDR Plugin System - First Step

I try to write a plugin to scan with one DVB-device for channels.
for this I need access to the frontend of the device. can you add some
function, for those things? maybe not only for the frontend.
an other function to 'Un-/Lock' the device were not bad, so I can lock
the device while scanning an no ohter plugin can access them or only, if
it has an higher priority as my plugin.

Hwo can I access the SetupInfos? p.ex. for reading the low / high
LNB-Frequncy and so on.

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>The first step of the implementation of the VDR plugin system is now
>available at
>
>    ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.1.0.tgz
>
>This version is directed towards developers who want to implement
>plugins for VDR. The "stable" version for every day use is still 1.0.2.
>
>Please read the file VDR/PLUGINS.html, which gives an overview of the
>plugin interface and how to create your own plugins.
>
>Note that this is only the first step. The next step of my work will
>bring the necessary "inner" interfaces to the core VDR data structures,
>which will allow the implementation of actual "players" etc.
>
>I suggest that the authors of VDR patches try to implement the "command line",
>"menu", "setup" and "i18n" parts of their patches, using the new plugin features, and
>let me know which remaining functions they would still need to patch VDR
>source files for. What I already am planning to implement are generalized
>classes for "players", "osd" and "status monitors" (the latter is intended
>for the LCDproc patch, for instance). The goal at the end is to allow additional
>functions to be added to VDR through totally separate plugins, which no longer
>need to patch the core VDR souce code.
>
>Oh, one more thing: I don't think that adapting the AIO patch to this version
>will make much sense... Once the VDR plugin interface is complete, the AIO patch
>will probably be reduced to just a few small patches that don't really qualify as
>plugins.
>
>Have fun!
>
>Klaus Schmidinger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index