[vdr] Re: nvram-wakeup problems

On Sun, 12 May 2002, Nikolaus Isele (NI) wrote:

NI> Hi,
NI>
NI> > if the driver is compiled into the kernel, you need to do e.g.
NI> >   make bzImage
NI> > which will recompile your kernel.
NI> > after that you have to copy the newly created kernel to the directory
NI> > where all your kernels are (on SuSE 7.3 this should be /boot)
NI> > reconfigure lilo.conf, run lilo to recognize the new kernel and then
NI> > reboot your system with the new kernel.
NI>
NI> I think thats the problem, because i don#t have copied hier kompiled kernel
NI> to the right place.
NI> Where i have to find the kompiled kernel?

this is the last meassage printed by
  make bzImage

HI> And which name gets the new
NI> compiled kernel?

any name you like

NI> Can i overwrite the old kernel?

sure, but if the new kernel doesn't work, you probably want to be able to
boot the old kernel.

see also http://home.t-online.de/home/hubertus.sandmann/l_kernel.htm
for things like that.

or, in general, http://home.t-online.de/home/hubertus.sandmann/ -> LINUX