[vdr] Re: Help: Wireless Keyboard

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 07:29:18PM +0200, Thomas Klaß wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to the multimedia keys of my
> IR Keyboard to control the vdr.
>
> I get keycodes in the xev program, I assigned keysyms
> to the keys via
>
> xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap
>

> But I can't get vdr to react on these keys.
>
> I already searched the internet for a HOWTO but I did
> not succeed. Does anybody have  a solution ?

You have to extend the knowlege of the terminfo data base
about this new keys.

Let's suppose you're using an xterm:

   infocmp -1 -T xterm > xterm-vdr.terminfo

then you've to add not assigned keys to unused escape
sequences. After that you rename in the first line the
terminal type (e.g. from xterm to xterm-vdr), run
as root

       tic xterm-vdr.terminfo

and set

      export TERM=xterm-vdr

before calling vdr.

You may also add some unused key symbols within the X11 Window
system its self (e.g. XF86AudioMedia, XF86Back, XF86AudioPause,
XF86AudioPlay, XF86Forward, XF86Stop, ...) for those keys
with xmodmap. This makes xev to show those symbols.

      Werner

Home | Main Index | Thread Index