[vdr] Re: VDR Plugin System - First Step

On 12 May 2002 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
>>
>> If wasn't talking about the archive name, but about the directory
>> name inside the archive.
>
> Ok, you got a point there.
>
> However, usually when one gets a TGZ archive named  "abc-def.tgz" one
> (or at least I) would expect it to unpack into a subdirectory named
> "abc-def", and not just "def".

Right. So if you want to keep it consistent, you'll have to
change the naming convention of the plugins dirs to "vdr-name".

> In the end it doesn't really matter how the archive is named, so I don't
> want to make this a philosophical discussion ;-)

What a pitty. I like this endless threads ;-)

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index