[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.2

On Tuesday 14 May 2002 09:08, Mirko Günther wrote:
> I've a litle problem with my plugin and I don't know, what goes wrong.
>
> 1) I want use a abstract class with one virtual function. but after
> linking and start vdr, I get an errormessage that this abstract virtual
> function is a undefined symbol. what do I wrong.

you defined the abstrace virtual function like this:

virtual vfunction(...) = 0;

right?

> 2) When I difine this function only as virtual with a body, this message
> don't come. but when I sccess (?) from this class a new class, overwrite
> the virtual function and store a object of the 2nd class in a pointer of
> the baseclass, I can't call the virtual function.
> I always get an Segmentionfault. I've try to gebug with gdb and it
> seems, that the call wants to jump to address NULL an not to the
> function address. what goes wrong?
>
> I hope you understant me... In german I can explain my problem better.

I think i understand, but i would be better to have a look at your source.
It certainly sounds, as if your constructor isn't been called. Also, some gcc
versions are known to produce code that doesn't work when used in shared
libraries.

Andreas
--
Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Student of computer science

"In accordance with plans for Linux OS world domination
      infiltration of governments is vital (:-))."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index