[vdr] Re: bad record / playback quality

Christian Fritz <chfritz1@yahoo.com>  wrote:

> However if I start to play back a recording the
> quality is very bad. Still
> pictures are ok but
> as soon as the content changes (f.e. people walk)
> there are only big blocks instead of details

I have a similar problem - O. K. not soo bad, but nethertheless I want
it to disappear.
I can have 3 simultaneous recordings with my 3 DVB-S cards mostly
without problems, but often if I playback anything I have that blocks
and also artefacts in sound, independent if there is any other activity
on the machine (recording, cutting, network) or not.

This problem was discussed her but not solved, so I think in my case CPU
speed (1GHz), RAM (256MB), cards (3x DVB-S) and dma mode (udma5) are O.
K. The only thing I have not tested yet is XFS instead of reiser.
Unfortunately at the moment my disk contains many recordings which I
don't want to delete, but perhaps you could test the XFS system before
you record many things.

TMJ

Home | Main Index | Thread Index