[vdr] Re: VDR Plugin System - First Step

>> > Just an idea:
>> > I've observerd that audio disturbance only occure while large OSD areas
>> > change their contents. (opening OSD or scrolling pagewise for
>> > instance).
>> > Small changes like updateing the progress bar seem to be no problem. So
>> > what
>> > about a "step by step" OSD update, let's say one row of text every
>> > 50..100ms?
>>
>> Can you imagine how sloooooowww the OSD would get then?
Yes, i'm afraid so... :-)
In 'normal' VDR operation (watching TV or replay recordings) those audio
(and video) disturbances aren't really a problem to me, so here I'd prefer a
fast OSD display. But while listening MP3 music, I'd prefer a slower OSD to
browse my MP3 archive to keep the currently playing song undisturbed.

> Not possible. I played a little with reducing the size of the chunks
> written to the osd
> with different delays - no improvement. I did it in last summer, I guess
> the OSD
> support was not improved in the driver since that time.
Oh, what a pity - but interesting nevertheless!
Did you do the tests with audio AND video playback at the same time? Maybe,
the disturbances occure less often if no video is displayed.

bye, Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index