[vdr] Re: VDR plugins - RFC - audio handling

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 06:07:08PM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> The question is: If _all_ audio data is presented to every audio device, will
> the various devices be able to filter out exactly the kind of data they can
> handle? If not, then we would need several PlayAudio() functions (or a PlayAudio()
> with a controlling parameter) for the various types if audio data, and the player
> would have to decide where to send each chunk of audio data. Personally I'd
> prefer the first method.

Switching could be done once (maybe with runtime choice to the user) which
could be handled by a pointer/reference PlayAudio() to

       (Norm|DD|DTS|MPEG|MP3)PlayAudio()

functions (eierlegende Wollmilchsau:).  This would save a lots of
case switches on the type of audio stream during runtime (less cpu load).

        Werner

Home | Main Index | Thread Index