[vdr] Re: Sound problem with channels with 2 Apids

Hello Olivier,

What kind of CAM do you have to watch Kiosque programs ?
I am using ASTON CAM and with this CAM second audio Pid doesn't work.
I have tried many things including the one you mentionned but no way.

On FTA Channels it is working very well (including recording 2 APIDs).

BTW, AFAIK, even if some day there is a fix for this Bug, you have to
know Other CAMs don't support recording 2 APIDs at the same time.
(Jean-Claude Repetto told me he has this kind of constraint on
VIACESS/TPS configuration).

You can listen to one APID, Record one APID (the one you choosed with
Menu/Language) but you won't record at the same time 2 APIDs.

Maybe it is a limitation in CAM support or a constraint from CAM
architecture ; i don't know.

Regards,
Patrick.

Olivier Kojack wrote:

> Hi there.
> First, congrats for vdr, this is an excellent job (and the sources are
> sooooo clear :) ). I'm just trying to explain one of my problems here and
> request for help, while I'm trying to fix the issue by myself also...
>
> I've been observing a problem with channels that have 2 APid (like Kiosque
> on Astra).
> I'm running vdr on Mandrake 8.2, vdr 1.0.2 + aio 12/05, dvb drivers
> 2002-04-01.
> When switching to those channels, I get a strange sound, like if the
> demuxing was bad.
> I have searched and somebody detailed on a forum a workaround which is to
> press Menu/Language (green button) twice. Actually the sound is ok the first
> time I press it, but this is not the language I needed :)
> Another thing (as far as test goes): I can record a channel that sounds bad
> and replay it without any sound problems this time. But the problem is back
> each time I switch to the channel.
>
> I tried to investigate and found (in dvbapi.c) the function that is called
> at the time I press "Menu/Language": cDvbApi::ToggleAudioTrack(void), which,
> in turn, calls SetPids where APids are set.
> In the cDvbApi::SetChannel function which is called each time a channel is
> tuned, the cDvbApi::SetPids function is also called. Here is the content:
>   return SetVpid(vPid,   ForRecording ? DMX_OUT_TS_TAP : DMX_OUT_DECODER) &&
>          SetApid1(aPid1, ForRecording ? DMX_OUT_TS_TAP : DMX_OUT_DECODER) &&
>          SetApid2(ForRecording ? aPid2 : 0, DMX_OUT_TS_TAP) &&
> (!Setup.RecordDolbyDigital ||
>          SetDpid1(ForRecording ? dPid1 : 0, DMX_OUT_TS_TAP) &&
>          SetDpid2(ForRecording ? dPid2 : 0, DMX_OUT_TS_TAP));
>
> Can it be a problem that we set Apid2 only if we record?
>
> I found also in dvbapi.h the following lines:
>   bool SetApid1(int Apid, dmxOutput_t Output) { return SetPid(fd_demuxa1,
> DMX_PES_AUDIO,    Apid, Output); }
>   bool SetApid2(int Apid, dmxOutput_t Output) { return SetPid(fd_demuxa2,
> DMX_PES_OTHER,    Apid, Output); }
>
> Is it normal that for SetApid2, we use "DMX_PES_OTHER"? Might be, but I just
> don't know :)
>
> Well, I tried to change around this and didn't fixed the problem.
>
> Has anybody any other idea?
>
> Thanks!

> Téléchargez MSN Explorer gratuitement à l'adresse
> http://explorer.msn.fr/intl.asp.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index