[vdr] Re: other way of storage your recordings

Guido Fiala schrieb:

> > Well a 60 minute miniDVc contains about 11 MBytes and costs about 7
>
> 11 GBytes, in case someone wonders ;-)
> Strange that the 180min tapes are more expensive per GByte than the 60min
> ones...

Sure, because you need thinner, but simmilarily robust tapes which
simply are more expensive.

> > Euro. So it's as expensive as a 680mbyte casette for 42 cents. Well
> > unless the prices of DV-recorders drop from currently 3500 Euro (?) to
>
> Recorders maybe - but a cheap 750 Euro (throw away) Camcorder would do as
> well *g* - But you are right, still much to expensive.
> I would switch to DVD-RAM ASAP the price of the media would drop to CD-RW
> prices and the capacity increases to about 15 GBytes per side.

Well 750 Euro still is a _lot_ of money. For this kind of money you can
hire an IT expert for 300 hours. Considering those things are probably
even cheaper to manufacture than consumer VHS machines (those are
actually a lot more complex than they need to be) this is simply to
expensive.

Hey, why don't we develop our own VCR? I mean those early Quadruplex
VCRs were well able to record a bandwidth of 4Mhz and they were
handmade, without transistors.

Servus
  Casandro

Home | Main Index | Thread Index