[vdr] Re: Playing DivX

> I have a view DivX files I can watch. But for example a Dixv with a size of
> 720x480 can't be watched with -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes. I am able to watch
> it without any problems on the regular X11 screen. Is there a workaround
> for this, or are these current limits in the implementation of MPlayer with
> MPEGPES?

They can, but you have to expand (black bars on top / bottom) or scale (full
screen - with wrong aspect) them to a valid DVBs resolution !
>>> valid <<< means 576 lines for PAL !

This can be done by -vop scale and expand options - see man mplayer for
details !
I have also written a small patch to current mplayer, which enhaces the
dvbscale function, which does NOT check for values larger 576 and not alway
uses correct x-resolutions (at least for my 2.1 Card) !

So, whats all this ???

Go, get my PATCH at
http://ma.hoff.bei.t-online.de/patches/mplayer/dvbscale_patch.diff
apply it to current mplayer (fresh cvs), compile it and use the following
commandline to start mplayer:
mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes -afm 9 -framedrop -vop
lavc,expand=0:576:-1:-1:1,scale=0:0,dvbscale "$1"

(you can ommit -afm 9 if you do not like AC3 over DVBs Digital out !)

Then every AVI *SHOULD* play fine :-)

Please report problems...

Martin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index