[vdr] Re: automatic channel scan

Steffen Koch schrieb:

> Christian Berger wrote:
> > However I'd still think VDR should store all new channels it finds
> > somewhere, maybe in a channels2.conf or something.
> maybe just ask the user (after some input from him, else the question
> will be displayed on an switched off TV ;-)) ) that vdr found new
> channels, if it should add them to the channel list. The user could then
> sort them where he wants them to be. But I think we then need a
> blacklist too, automatically containing all "by hand" deleted channels,
> so that it doesn't detect deleted channels again...

Maybe we should handle this a bit like e-mail. We put all not stored
channels into a seperate file, with a date when they first appeared.
Then whenver there are new channels since the last time we looked at
that list, we display a little notice in the channel dialog. But by no
means we should make any pop-up dialogs or something since that might
interfere with video recordings to tape and other things.

Hey, maybe a stupid idea, but when you play-back a video or a DVD the
tuner is kinda idle, isn't it. Would it be possible to scan the EPG
data, as well as for new channels then?

Servus
  Casandro

Home | Main Index | Thread Index