[vdr] Re: OT: Flat Antenna useable?

ulope@gmx.de(Ulrich Petri)  29.05.02 20:11

Once upon a time Ulrich Petri shaped the electrons to say...

>Christian Berger wrote:
>>

>> Well UMTS also is braindead, it'll be far to expensive to be of any
>> practical use, and it's got the same problems, if you are to close
>> to the base-station you'll be fried. What we really need are
>> peer-to-peer systems or satellite systems.

Years ago there was a genious system called "dirc" (or so).
Never heard again about it...maybe it was too good?

>But thats also true for nearly all kinds of transmitters. Go to a
>radio broadcasting tower and hold a light bulb with two wires atatched
>to the poles in the air, you'll see it start glowing.....

That's an urban tale from the time for short wave transmissions....

UNDER a transmitter antenna, there is only a weak or almost no field
because that would be real waste.
The antenna bundles it's energy mostly to a horizontical plane
to get as far as possible arround.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index