[vdr] Re: OT: Flat Antenna useable?

Rainer Zocholl schrieb:

> ulope@gmx.de(Ulrich Petri)  29.05.02 20:11
>
> Once upon a time Ulrich Petri shaped the electrons to say...
>
> >Christian Berger wrote:
> >>

> >> Well UMTS also is braindead, it'll be far to expensive to be of any
> >> practical use, and it's got the same problems, if you are to close
> >> to the base-station you'll be fried. What we really need are
> >> peer-to-peer systems or satellite systems.
>
> Years ago there was a genious system called "dirc" (or so).
> Never heard again about it...maybe it was too good?

I've heared the name, it was a research project I think, just
theorecial, but just look at the whole wireless lan movement. Soon
wireless networks will be connected wirelessly and then you are rather
close to dirc.

> >But thats also true for nearly all kinds of transmitters. Go to a
> >radio broadcasting tower and hold a light bulb with two wires atatched
> >to the poles in the air, you'll see it start glowing.....
>
> That's an urban tale from the time for short wave transmissions....
>
> UNDER a transmitter antenna, there is only a weak or almost no field
> because that would be real waste.
> The antenna bundles it's energy mostly to a horizontical plane
> to get as far as possible arround.

Well still I think UMTS is senseless waste of electricity, unless it
get's really, really cheap, nobody needs it, nobody wants it, but
actually that's what people thought of SMS in the early 90s.

Servus
  Casandro

Home | Main Index | Thread Index