[vdr] Re: OT: Flat Antenna useable?

Rene Bartsch schrieb:

> Am Mit, 2002-05-29 um 22.56 schrieb Rainer Zocholl:
> > ulope@gmx.de(Ulrich Petri)  29.05.02 20:11

> Sattelites can only multicast as they are to expensive for unicast
> (calculate costs per bandwith)! I don't think T-DSL by Sat will have a
> long life. I used EuropeOnline two years ago and we calculated that
> Internet by sattelite's only future is bankruptcy.

Well here we simply have to wait until we are able to use higher
frequencies. Using satellites for private communication is usable when
using lasers.

> But what about a solar-based WLAN-net in settlements?
> I mean a WLan-Router every 500 meters with a solar panel ... :o)

That's a great idea, the original idea was to let each device using the
network, beeing a router itself. The power of such routers could be
verry low then (it actually never is higher than 1 Watt I think)

Servus
  Casandro

Home | Main Index | Thread Index