[vdr] Re: Video over internet

> I ran both the client as well as the server on the same machine. Worked
> really well, a _lot_ less lag than with Real. Be sure to turn the
> quality to 384x288 since lower resolutions give worse quality at the
> same bitrate.

Ok, I compiled and installed the mpeg4-ip source. The first time I ran
mp4live I got a small picture preview. Low quality - but a preview. When I
start it now the preview window stays blank and every time I try to change
video settings, it crashes...

Any ideas, hints?

Video source is /dev/video0 - I also tried /dev/ost/video0, but I was told
that this is no capturable device.

Thanks

   Gernot

--
Gernot A. Weber
http://www.tux-web.de

Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it.

                              Linus Torvalds, after a hard drive crash

Home | Main Index | Thread Index