[vdr] MP3/MPlayer extention 0.5.1 (development) available

Hi all,
a new development release of my MP3/MPlayer extention is
available from my homepage.

This release includes a decoder for soundfiles (like WAV & AIFF).
This is done with libsndfile 0.0.28 from
<http://www.zip.com.au/~erikd/libsndfile/>.
See install instructions in README.mp3_player.

The decoder selector is a bit dumb at the moment. He depends on
the file extention ".wav" to select the sndfile decoder. This
will improve in the future.

The sndfile decoder allows to play CD-Audio, too. You need cdfs
0.5c for this <http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/~ronsse/cdfs/>.
You should add an appropriate entry to /etc/fstab and
mp3sources.conf for easy use.

I would like to remember you, that this is still a development
release and may contain bugs. Suggested all-day-use version is
still 0.4.3. Anyways I would like to encourage everybody to test
the development version for bug hunting.

NEWS:
30.05.2002 - Version 0.5.1 development (vdr 1.0.2)
-Include fixes from release 0.4.3.
-Added soundfile (e.g. WAV) decoder using libsndfile. At least
 libsndfile 0.0.28 required. If you don't want to use sndfile
 support, uncomment the WITHOUT_LIBSNDFILE line in the Makefile.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index