[vdr] Re: Multiple crashes while recording

On Thu, 30 May 2002 16:36:47 +0200, Norman Beck <norman.beck@web.de>
wrote:

> > > May 26 23:57:52 vdr vdr[1837]: ERROR: video data stream broken
> > > May 26 23:57:52 vdr vdr[1837]: initiating emergency exit
> > > May 26 23:57:52 vdr vdr[589]: emergency exit requested - shutting down
> >
> > This is exactly the problem I had sometimes. I now changed the length of
> > the timeout and also just exit the thread when this happens.
> Could you please describe this a bit closer? I changed MAXBROKENTIMEOUT
> to 60 an removed the line "cThread::EmergencyExit(true);".
> vdr does not do a restart anymore (as expected) but the recording
> ends there nevertheless. By the way -- the video stream shown on the
> TV does not indicate that it would be broken.

The intend of my change was that the recording just ends. As desribed in
my other email to recover from receive problems other changes would be
necessary. In a first step for me was importent to prevent the
interruption of other concurrent recordings.

> I utilize a DVB-C card (Hauppauge WinTV-DVB-C).

Then you shouldn't have receive problems except for other signal quality
problems on cable. Do you have a clear picture on analog channels?

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index