[vdr] crypted program -> vdr restarts

Hello!

I just had a problem with the normally uncrypted Sat.1 that sent one
special crypted program. I did not want to record that program but I had
a falsely programmed timer which tried that.
Than - I think because of the cryption - as the timer started, vdr
restarted and restarted and restarted and so on, every ~30s (watchdog is
60s). I couldn't find any syslog-lines about this, just a "su session
terminated" or something like this and the normal restart logs. No time
out, unsync, and so on.
Than I managed to stop this timer and the problem disappeared.

Is that a bug? E. g. if I want to record the program after that crypted
one, by the MarginStart the recording would overlap so that the
described crashes would take effect.

I don't know if it has to do with vdr or the DVB driver.
In my system it is vdr-1.0.0 and DVB 2001-12-30.
I'm going to check out newer versions during this beginning month.

This problem is no big one for me but I just wanted to write down what I
detected.

TMJ

Home | Main Index | Thread Index