[vdr] Re: set system time - no effect?

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Nano (N) wrote:

N> Hello,
N>
N> i tried to get the current time via transponder (ARD) im my two DVB-s
N> VDR.
N> My system-clock is set to UTC.

your system clock (reported by date) must be localtime
your cmos clock could be either local time or utc, but your system must be
configured accordingly.

while booting, the system time is set from the cmos time using this
configuration option. (if your cmos clock runs utc and your linux system
thinks, it was localtime, you end up runing your system time in utc.)

N> if i start vdr there is a message like:.. local time ... system time...
N> so it´recognizes the differenz; but the right tine wia tranbsponder is
N> not written into cmos!

vdr adjusts only the system time.

if you want to adjust the cmos time, try 'man hwclock'

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de
                -- Mark Twain