[vdr] Howto VDR/Windows/vdradmin ?

Hello,

I would like to automate vdr > mpeg2 conversion.

My configuration:
Linux firewall pc configured as a internet router with apache and vdr
located in the working room (always powered on) only used for recording

Windows98 pc with PowerDVD in the living room (powered on when watching
movies - due also to this reason I can not mount its HDD on the Linux
workstation) only for replaying DVDs and vdr files

Up to now I ftp the files to my Windows Pc and convert the vdr files
into a PowerDVD readable format (PVAInstrumento).

Is there another, more comfortable way to do this?

May be it would be a good idea to implement such a feature
(download/convert) in "vdradmin" (additional button in the recorded
movies section)

BTW: I do not want to setup a Samba Server on the firewall pc

Any ideas?

Uwe

Home | Main Index | Thread Index