[vdr] Re: VDR-Plugin-Suggestion: MPlayer

Am Don, 2002-05-23 um 18.59 schrieb Stefan Huelswitt:
> On 23 May 2002 Rene Bartsch <rene@bartschnet.de> wrote:
>
> > So why not make complete MPlayer to a VDR-Plugin?
>
> I the plugin API is finished and if there is public demand I
> surely will create a MPlayer plugin based on the MPlayer patch.
> But I don't think it's a good idea to make the complete MPLayer a
> plugin. So I won't spent time for this.
>
> --
> Stefan Huelswitt
> huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

I got a simplier idea for creating a low-budget-card VDR-Box by using
MPlayer as output-backend.

Can you add functions to your MPlayer-patch which do not send the
A/V-stream to the DVB-driver but to stdin of MPlayer (the MPlayer-patch
could start a MPlayer instance when starting VDR).

In setup.conf could be a option (e.g.)

'MPlayerOut = -vo xv -ao oss -fs -npp ci ...' for VGA/OSS-out, or

'MPlayerOut = -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes ...' for DVB, DXR2/3, H+ -out.

Mplayer patch would start MPlayer with 'mplayer $MPlayerOut -slave'

By using '-slave' you could send commands such as Volume from VDR to
MPlayer embedded in the A/V-stream with '\n'.

This is relatively easy, but the problem is the OSD. So I got the idea
to encode the OSD to subtitle and mux it into the MPEG-stream before
passing to MPlayer-stdin.

In that way we could use all output-devices of MPlayer (DVB, DXR2/3, H+,
VGA ...) with cheap WinTV Novas.

I think many people with low budget, VDR-servers or beamers would be
happy then.

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index