[vdr] AC3 - Some questions

Hi,

I've just bought a Receiver STR-DB870QS from Sony and I would like to
use it with VDR.

My wishs:
- hear AC3-sound if AC3-data is sent; in recordings and in live viewing
- perhaps in the future: watch DVDs with AC3 sound
- if no AC3 is sent, hear the normal sound

My questions:
- is that possible with only a DVB-card or do I need a sound-card
between DVB-card and receiver?
- do I still need a analog connection for normal signals or can the
digital cable also transmit analog data?
- I've heard about problems with Sony-receivers; are they solved?
- is there another howto or FAQ than "Howto set up AC3 sound"
(http://www.linuxdvb.tv/documentation/ac3sound.html)?

Sorry if I ask stupid questions, but I didn't found answers...

Thanks,
    Ansgar.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index