[vdr] Re: Re : Bitmap-format of OSD?

On Sunday 09 June 2002 23:53, Rene Bartsch wrote:
> As I don't have the abilities to do that myself, I'm looking for someone
> who creates a patch for VDR to encode it's OSD to SPU-subtitle and mux
> it into the A/V-output-stream sent to the DVB-driver.
>
> When sending that A/V-stream to stdin of a programm (e.g. Mplayer)
> instead of DVB-driver we could use every MPEG-capable mediaplayer as A/V
> backend to VDR.

i do have the code for that, as i was playing with dxr3 support for vdr
myself. However, it is not that easy! SPU's have only 4 colors and vdr's main
menu needs more. I belive that the best way to go for the dxr3 cards is to
implement the main menu not as overlay, but to encode it in MPEG1 with a
static background and use OSD (SPU in that case) only for the osd parts
(channel display, progress bar).

Andreas
--
Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Student of computer science

"In accordance with plans for Linux OS world domination
      infiltration of governments is vital (:-))."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index