[vdr] Re: 6speaker onboard Dolby Digital DVD

Markus,
> > 2) The commandline to start vdr is only slightly changed by adding -a a52dec
> actually it is -a `/usr/local/bin/a52dec -o oss6` ;-).
> be carefull with the quotes to get the "-o oss6" through to a52dec.

I've got a problem here. If I use the command line

    vdr -a `/usr/local/bin/a52dec -o oss6`

vdr starts, shows the banner of a52dec, and does not do anything else.

Start vdr with just /usr/local/bin/a52dec works, it transports the DVD sound to my
line-out, unfortunately only in stereo as can be expected.

Any idea, what might cause this?

TIA
rgds
pos