[vdr] Re: Watch VIDEO over W-LAN

On Donnerstag, 23. Mai 2002 17:27 you wrote the following :
> Hello List
Hi

> But i donīt understand why the W-LAN is too slow ?
>
> If iīm near enough to one of my Access-Ponts i have 11MBIT DATA-RATE
> Thatīs  1,375 MB/s

Raw Data ... there is around 4 Mbit usable Rate, everything else is consumed
by control thingies.

> i Though that eg. RTL sent only 3,9 MBIT/s = 0,487 MB/S

Yes, But if anything happens (eg. downswitching to 5,5 Mbps) it is too fast.
And you must not forger it is a collision orientated transfer system.... you
nearly never get full speed. thats why it is stuttering.

> Perhaps the Filehandling over the Network need so much Bandwith ?

too... the comes one thing to another. With a 10 Mbit Ethernet (DBox2..) It
works only with the private channels, ARD aso are stuttering, too..

--
Bis denn,

Ulrich

Home | Main Index | Thread Index