[vdr] tech patch (signal strength, snr etc)

Hi, I've made the 'long awaited' patch to display signal levels, snr
etc; there are few kinds of problems:

1) not all drivers report signal level and snr
2) not all drivers report SS and SNR in the same way
3) I don't understand how SNR works
4) I've left unimplemented the bitrate count

consequences are:
1) some cards may report values, others won't
2) some values will be 'out' of scale' using this patch
3) I would simply need the minimum (worst) and maximum (best) values of
snr, so I can implement the 'indicator' like the signal strength
4) I will have to work eheheh

you can enable/disable the indication of the values from the Setup/Misc
menu'; you can use the Tech entry in the main menu' to display all the
informations about this channel.

the patch is avaiable at:
http://www.manoweb.com/alesan/vdr/tech.diff.gz
the patch is made against vdr 1.0.3 AIO 26.05 !!! I don't think it will
work out-of the box with a vanilla version; however, after testing, I
could prepare a 'standalone' version.

bye, and remember to test it and let me know!!!
ciao
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index