[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer extention 0.4.4 available

> > Hello, I am curios if  someone is doing a modification to the MP3
Extension,
> > that output the music
> > to a soundcard. Because I only have one dvb-c card, i cant listen to the
> > music if i do record something.
> > Even if i had 2 card i could not record 2 movies at a time.
>
> The primary dvb device will be blocked even if you reroutes the
> output to your sound card. This is due to the internal handling
> of vdr and I think it will involve major work to change this.

I do know now ;-)
but i dont think it will be a major change.
i am thinking about an easy solution.
maybe i will introduce a replayMP3Buffer in addition to the replayBuffer in
cDVBApi.
or i will check at StopReplay() if replayBuffer is the mp3 buffer and if
StopReplay was called from StartRecord, mp3 playing will not be stopped.

> I'm not working on this topic and I think it will be best to wait
> until the plugin interface is finished. From Klaus comments I
> would guess that this will make such a task much easier.
sound reasonable.  we will see.

> > PS: another thing i would like for the mp3 stuff is a random song mode
which
> > plays all my mp3s in random order  plus a random album mode, playing
songs
> > of albums in the album order , but choosing this albums randomly.
>
> There is a random song mode. Go to the browse menu and select
> "Play all".
uh i didnt know that. maybe i am too stupid or the naming is not that good.
whatever, i rellay would like the album random mode. do you like to
implement this? would be much easier for you than me, because you better
know your code.  should be settable in the configuration how the random mode
is executed.

regards
gunnar

Home | Main Index | Thread Index