[vdr] Re: Anyone using NVRAM Wakeup / auto powerdown / WOL

--------
Hi,
I am using both nvram-wakeup and WOL, I have an ECS-P6VAP-A+ (Mobo) and D-Link
530-tx.
I followed all the steps described in the nvram-wakeup readme in order to
discover what kind of bios settings I should use only to discover that my bios
uses a standard config .
I simply enabled WOL in the motherboard BIOS, connected the motherboard and
the network adapter with a WOL cable, and downloaded the ether-wake program at
http://www.scyld.com/expert/wake-on-lan.html

Both the nvram stuff and the wol stuff are working without any problem for me

Mattia

> Hi all,
>
> I am fighting with my VDR-Box since weeks to make
> it power off/on using nvram-wakeup and VDR-Timers.
>
> I had contact to several programmers of nv-ram tools
> but no solutions.
>
> So I am asking: Is anyone out there who has
> this automatic business running on a Gigabyte GA 7ZXE
> board ?
>
> Furthermore I'd like to use WOL with d-link 530TX and
> could not find helpful info on the web.
> WOL is a good idea to remote-power-on my machine
> when I want to programm the VDR from work ;-)
> (in case the auto-powerdown would work sometimes)
>
> Ralf

Home | Main Index | Thread Index