[vdr] AW: VDR -> DVD

depending on your recording you won´t need to transcode with Tmpeg (704x576, 720x576, 352x576 progressive AND interlaced are DVD compatible formats), in general i don´t change the interlaced status of a recording because imho there is no need to - if replayed on tv a progressive recording will be played as interlaced and interlaced will also be played as interlaced
only a lot of changing for nothing than a worse picture then before deinterlacing

> Than I use Videopack 5 to do the authoring. When I replay the

overkill, if you use tmpeg for transcoding you won´t need the integraded encoder of Videopack 5 (afaik the difference between the much cheaper WinOnCD)

> result on
> my VDR or Philips DVD Player I get interlacing effects such
> as ghosting.

deinterlaced with wrong field order or choosen bad options for deinterlacing in tmpeg

> And so the quality is quite bad.
> Take a look at http://www.freetools4you.de/interlacing.jpg
> and you will
> see what I mean.
> Can someone tell me how to get rid of these effects and produce high
> quality DVDs out of VDR files (without using deinterlacer)?

asuming to your picture its Pro7, so its a 720x576 interlaced movie with 48kHz sound - its perfect for DVD simply demux/fix with pvastrumento and write it to DVD-RW (without any reencoding) to test the result

Home | Main Index | Thread Index