[vdr] AW: Re: Anyone using NVRAM Wakeup / auto powerdown / WOL

Hello,

> >Furthermore I'd like to use WOL with d-link 530TX and
> >could not find helpful info on the web.
> >WOL is a good idea to remote-power-on my machine
> >when I want to programm the VDR from work ;-)
> >(in case the auto-powerdown would work sometimes)
>
> you have to add the following line to the modules.conf
>
> enable_wol = 1
I do not know on which chip the d-link 530TX is based,
but if it is a Realtek 8139, then it is not working :-(
Some cards show traffic on the LEDs when they are off
(3C905TX e.g.) others not (like my Realtek based cards).
So this is no sign, that everything is OK.

> and you have to activate the wake on lan in the bios +
> connect a cable from your NIC to your MB.
Thats needed. Get a tool for your NIC to setup/configure WOL.
Try to boot from a floppy and press the power button on your
PC. The PC should go to sleep mode. Now use a wakeup program
on a remote computer like WinWake. If the PC now wakes up, then
you have to modify the shutdown sequence as described in the
VDR chapter of NVRAM (reboot).

CU

Jens

Home | Main Index | Thread Index