[vdr] Re: channels.conf for DVB-T in sweden

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 12:58, Andreas Roedl wrote:
> You need at least the transponder frequencies to scan the available
channels.
> These can be calculated by a simple formular:
>
>   centre frequency = (UHF Channel Number)*8 + 306
>
> For a complete description of the tuning process read
>
>   http://www.linuxstb.org/dvb-t/index.shtml
>
> and
>
>   http://www.linuxstb.org/dvbtune/index.shtml
>
> Download dvbtune and read the README file. The "-i" option is your friend.
> It'll create a xml file which can be converted to channels.conf by xml2vdr,
> which is included in the dvbtune package.

You also need to modify "tune.c" in the dvbtune package (and tune.c in
dvbstream if you use that application) to set the appropriate OFDM parameters
for Sweden.  You can probably just try to guess these - have a look at my
dvb-t page (link above) to see what other countries are using.  Maybe Sweden
is the same as Finland.

Also, I would recommend getting the latest CVS version of dvbtune from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvbtools - I've fixed a few bugs in dvbtune.c
and xml2vdr.c recently.

Dave.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index