[vdr] Re: VDR on PowerPC (was VDR Mac OSX port?)

>  > Because OS X is the best Unix on the planet... ;-) (or will be, when
>>  some flaws are fixed, at least it's the best usable Unix for people
>>  who don't want to get deep into system stuff).
>
>I disagree, Nextstep was better, OSX has a nice interface, but is really
>hard to deal with in comparaison with other UNIXes, and for every day no
>knowing at all, a modern linux distro is easyer to install and configure

Maybe if you have to install a lot of OSX clients, but even then:
Saying that a modern linux distro is easier to install and configure
than OSX is just ridiculous. Don't you know that maybe more than 95%
of computer users don't know how to use a shell (and of course not
how to compile and install a alternative kernel)? I know how to do it
now (I also use VDR on a linux box), but I prefer to double-click on
a system or driver installer icon (you can call me lazy - I call it
efficient!)...

But I really don't want to start a
"which-os-is-better-and-why-discussion". Linux is cool, but still
only for people who are technically experienced or willing to spend a
lot of time for learning. Computers should be intuitive to use and a
tool, not a time consumer. But this is a question of ideology...

Dany

Home | Main Index | Thread Index