[vdr] Re: where to get EPG-data from

Gerhard Steiner wrote:

> epg2timers works fine, but only for items in the
> "merkliste".
> I would need all the data (all channels, all programs), not
> just only the info for recordings.
>
> Or is epg2timers able to download all the info?

No.
And I will not change that.

In it's current form, epg2timers is friendly to "http://tvtv.de";.
This means, people use http://tvtv.de as its makers intended,
they use the web site interactively (and therefore see the
banner ads) and cause only little network load per user on
the web site to download the "merkliste" every now and then.

I believe both sides can live with that.

If I (or anyone else) would try to suck all the data from
"http://tvtv.de";, this would invariably cause war between
us and the makers of "http://tvtv.de";. They would change
their sofware in a way that would make ours fail, because
downloading all the data will cause a substantial network
load that will cost them money and bring them nothing in
return.

epg2timers has worked extremely well for me for two years
now. My whole family and even friends who often visit do
all my vdr programming with it.
I am pleased that it works so smoothly and I want to keep
it this way.
That's why I prefer to stay on friendly terms with the
makers of "http://tvtv.de";.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index