[vdr] Re: OT: 149 GB Maxtor disks.

On 20 Jun 2002 22:54:30 +0200
Rene Bartsch <rene@bartschnet.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've ordered a 160 Gbyte Maxtor and I want to use it with XFS.
>
> When using kernel 2.4.19-pre10, do I need any patches (48 Bit
> addressing, XFS) or are they already included in 2.4.19-pre10?
>
> Can I use quota with XFS?

there was a c't article some months ago (can't say withc at the
moment)  witch included the info about kernel config for all the new
filesystems. maybe you can find the c't in one library next to you.

ciao markus

PS: as a side note, the c't guys didn't see any reason for using XFS
as reiser and ext3 were a lot better.

--
 /"\         Markus Kalb <markus.kalb@gmx.de>
 \ /	                GnuPG Key ID B93BDF1E

Home | Main Index | Thread Index