[vdr] AC3-Sound

Hello,

just to be sure I need to ask:

I have a Hauppauge Nexus-S DVB-Card with a koaxial S/PDIF-Out. I use the
latest vdr software (1.0.4) with my SuSE 8.0 system. I use it with my
external av-receiver. But there is no surround sound with movies which are
sent with it (german Pro-7).

As I read in various documents, I need an extra soundcard with AC3 surround
abilities. Is this still  necessary with my Hauppauge Nexus-S card? Even if
it has a S/PDIF-out line?

In case I need a card,  I plan to buy a Creative SondBlaster Live Player 5.1
(35 ¤). My question: is this a good choice? Does it work well with my Linux
system  and is there a coaxial S/PDIF in-line? How should I connect my
dvb-card to this card?

Thanks for an answer.

Martin
--