[vdr] Re: workaround for Rev 2.x cards

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Carsten Koch wrote:

> I mean, many people are happy if their TV has a composite input (rather
> than just antenna) and you say a DVB-S card is useless without RGB?

Many people don't care even if the World Cup looks like the Winter
Olympics due to static on screen. What does that tell you about people.

> I may be blind, but I must admit that even on my high-end beamer I
> can hardly tell the difference between composite, Y/C (from my 1.3 DVB-S)
> and RGB (from my graphics card). All three are very good.

I think there must be something terribly wrong with your setup if the
differences are really so small. I tried different methods of connecting
my DVD player to my TV  when I got it and IMHO S-Video was twice as good
as Video and RGB was twice as good as S-Video.

This is all very device dependent however, I hear that on some TV sets
using S-Video input might even produce a better picture than RGB, but
surely one should be able to see the difference between using two pairs
of wire over using just one pair even with one's eyes closed.

And no, I don't see the difference between copper and gold plated
connectors, neither can I hear it.

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>            http://www.iki.fi/~jake/
System Administrator                    2001:670:83:f08::/64

Home | Main Index | Thread Index