[vdr] Re: workaround for Rev 2.x cards

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] Re: workaround for Rev 2.x cards (21-Jun-2002 16:23)
From:    Carsten.Koch@icem.de
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

> Christian Berger wrote:
> > Well the quality still might be better than composite video (yuck).
> >
> > I still don't understand why the missing RGB connector hasn't caused an
> > uproar yet, I mean the RGB connector is the selling feature for that
> > card, without it, that card is almoust useless.
>
> Aren't you a bit extreme here, Christian?
> I mean, many people are happy if their TV has a composite input (rather
> than just antenna) and you say a DVB-S card is useless without RGB?

I think that are not the typical users of vdr.

> I may be blind, but I must admit that even on my high-end beamer I
> can hardly tell the difference between composite, Y/C (from my 1.3 DVB-S)
> and RGB (from my graphics card). All three are very good.

I am using vdr with a toshiba 140cm rptv.

The difference between composite and s-video is
_clearly_ visible (even for my wife and others).

It may depend on the cable-lenght and the used tv
how big the difference is.

For example: I switched my dvd-player <-> tv connection
by mistake to composite (composite and s-video are both
connected), it took only some seconds for me to notice
that i wasn't using s-video.

...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index