[vdr] Re: temp of card

Johannes Schoeller schrieb:

> hi all!
>
> once again (maybe bec of the HOT weather):
>
> has anyone of you ever MEASURED the temp of the dvb-s card?
> i mean the surface of the mpeg-chip (or whatever this chip
> that.s covered by the metal "clamp") does.
>
> i installed a heat sink and a fan nearby, but temp is still
> about 55-60 degrees.
>
> see: http://webspace.debis.at/schoeller/heatsink.jpg

Customer Support from Haupauge: "Das sind Hochfrequenzchips, denen macht
das nichts aus, das gehört sich so".  (it's supposed to be that way,
don't worry)

Well if those are rev 1.3 card and I get a 2.0 card we can exchange
them, the 2.0 card has a new tuner and therefore might stay cooler. I
don't mind the card getting hot, but I'd really like to get a 1.3
because of the RGB output.

> servus hannes!
>
> Johannes Schöller
> <schoeller@gmx.at>