[vdr] Re: v4linux

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 14:52:21 +0200
Alessio Sangalli <alesan@manoweb.com> wrote:

> Hi for testing purposes I've setup a vdr machine which I use without a
> TV set.
>
> At the beginning I put an analog card inside the machine and I
> connected the out of dvb card to the input of the analog one, and I
> was watching the analog with xawtv. Then I discovered I can use xawtv
> directly with dvb device, having all the osd displayed correctly etc
> (!).
>
> However, I have a problem; if I use the fullscreen mode on the monitor
> of my pc (800x600@24bit, dga enabled (this video board has no xv
> support, at least with xfree4.1.0)). When the image is not moving,
> it's very good; however when it moves, all the lines suffer like a
> staircase effect, something like a defect because it's an interlaced
> image. Do you have any ideas how to improve the display?
>
> Perhaps using fb instead of X, or a new specific modeline... ???

if you want to try with fb, add this to your /etc/fb.modes :

mode "tv"
    # D: 49.188 MHz, H: 46.580 kHz, V: 75.008 Hz
    geometry 768 576 768 576 32
    timings 20330 128 32 32 8 128 5
endmode

and invoke "fbtv -m tv", note that the interlace effect remains...
but __perhaps__ it will be less evident.
A filter will be the best solution.

Bye,
   Angelus.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index