[vdr] Can I make a Siemens C6 wake up by timer?

Hello!
I have a Siemens-Nixcorf C6 (Mainboard D1026, Phoenix Bios 4,06) where I
run the vdr on. It is quite silent and nice. But I can't make it start
by anything else but pressing the button.
In the manual it is written, that wake-up-on-Lan works, when a
network-group is installed and a jumper is set. But I dont't have a
network-group, only a network card.
You can also set a time in the Bios, though not a date.
Did anyone succeed in making a similar machine work with mvram-wakeup?
On the nvram-wakeup-page I read that someone tried with a C5, but has
apparently given up.
Does it make any sense to try and find another mainboard for this
machine? I have never done this before, though I am an experienced PCI-
and ISA-card-changer...;-)
Or is there any other solution, like making the computer start, whenever
the electricity is switched on?
Marianne

Home | Main Index | Thread Index