[vdr] Re: workaround for Rev 2.x cards

Sebastian Herp schrieb:

> [...]

Not schools, but flea markets or dumsters.

> the normal price for 82 cm 16:9 tv-sets starts from around 750 EUROs and has
> an open ending ... ok, you can buy it used of course, but then forget about
> warrenty, etc ...

Well, if I would have the money and the space for such a television set,
I'd still rather get a good analog reciever and a VCR simmilar to this:
http://www.lionlmb.org/quad/acr225.html (early digital video casette
changer) It's as usefull as VDR but has a better quality than a DVB card
over composite.

> Greetings,
> Sebastian
>
> PS.: you said scart=rgb ... ok, i connected my old digital set-top-box via
> scart-cable (both sides) to the tv-set. The quality is ok, you could call it
> "brilliant", but the vdr-pc connected via composite doesn't look horrible
> compared to that picture ... maybe a bit brighter with less contrast, but
> nothing a good tv-set cannot compensate ...

Well most cheap set-tob-boxes only have composite despite of having
scart. But on the TV-side almoust every TV with Scart has RGB.

Servus
  Casandro

Home | Main Index | Thread Index