[vdr] testcard

Servus

Well to get a decent picture I'd suggest to make a little test-card
module since with lots of fiddling you might get an almoust acceptable
image.

Such an image should contain the following: (in my opinion)
chroma-scale: scales of R-Y and B-Y to determine the maximum chroma
value
grey-scale:   same for luma to set contrast and brightness, maybe with
marks at the official "black" and "white" colours which are different to
what our card can do
multi-burst:  especially important for long cables, to set the sharpness
grey-area with thin white/black line: to check for reflections on the
cable

additionally we might do things like this:
grid:        to check geometry
colour bars: mostly because they look nice, but they might also help
with setting up some professional monitors
chroma-multi-burst: to check frequency response in chroma parts.

Well as soon as we have an "image viewer" module we might simply display
such a testcard.
I suppose the OSD is to limited for that.

Servus
  Casandro

Home | Main Index | Thread Index